Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Lock-Out

(Post #150)

Bit of a fiasco yesterday. Walked to Next with Sarah and, once her shift had started, plodded over to the Atrium to find some stuff for my dissertation (in fact, yesterday's update was typed in the Mac lab). Headed back but realised that I didn't have a doorkey. Could, I suppose, have gone into Next to ask Sarah for hers but would have had to wait 'til her break so went it alone.



Knocked on the door, hoping Marius would be about to let me in but, alas, no. Sat on the front wall for a bit, enjoying the sunshine and reading the Britpop book I had just checked out of the Atrium library before taking action.

Went to my parents' house. Rang Paul the Landlord and asked if he had a spare key. Very kindly offered to pick me up from parents' house and take me back to Tewkesbury Place. Had a nice chat in the car with him and his wife, apparently they have a 14-year-old daughter with a penchant for gory horror films. Her mother showed her Jaws in the hopes that she'd enjoy it but just pointed and laughed all the way through.

Got in, but neglected to ask Paul to lock the door. Spent the second half of the afternoon alone in an unlocked house, playing Tetris and nervously refreshing Twitter every two minutes to make sure riots hadn't started in Cardiff yet.

They never did, contrary to myriad rumours. Sarah rang me after work and reported that the only violence going down on Queen Street at that moment was seagull-based. She was waiting for Tom and Jen to pick herup and bring her back, which they did, eventually.

In the evening we went to Asda. On the way, Tom and I demonstrated our Destiny's Child sing-along skills for Jen, and upon arrival I bought 5 bags of Smart Price penne for 17p each.

Joel.

P.S. Paul has apparently been 'round today r drop a couple of spare keys so hopefully no more key-nanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment