Wednesday 1 September 2010

Breaking It In

Hokieskokes, so we've moved in and already the fun has started.

Once we'd unpacked everything and were beginning to settle down, Pete came into my room to see what it was like. He sat down on the bed, commented on how squeaky it was, and offered to get some WD-40 to fix it. The frame was duly sprayed, and he ordered me to jump on it a little to test the squeakiness.

And the bed broke.

So it's currently being propped up with a suitcase, but the good news is that Pete is going to use his rock hammer to try and knock the bent frame back into place. I suspect this may be another scheme of his, but I'd rather not tell our new landlord that I've already broken something.

Apart from that it's all been running fairly smoothly. Other than the five I mentioned yesterday, we've got Sarah (my girlfriend), Alex (Sophie's boyfriend), and JR (friend to all mankind) helping us get to know the place.

More people will be arriving tonight, but I've padlocked my room for the moment so hopefully I can go a few hours without breaking anything else.

Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment