Wednesday 15 September 2010

Sharments

A correction. Yesterday's blog was not quick; it was in fact quite long.

Another correction. It's Klezmer Kollectiv, not Kolectiv. Two L's. Sorry.

And now, a bullet point blog!

THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
  • The main Thing That Happened Today was that we went to Tesco. This was mostly so that Cliffey could exchange his trousers and do a big food shop, but other people bought things too. Pete bought a Blur compilation and 10 frankfurters. Sarah bought a cheesecake and some juice. Anna Sharp, who came along, exchanged several bags of shrapnel for a crisp new £10 note (and some more shrapnel). And I bought four iced buns and a Flump. It was a good trip. One funny thing was that Cliffey picked up a bottle of high juice and attempted to 'flare' with it. He dropped it. We even bought a brand new bin! It has a lid and everything. I put it on and pretended to be a spaceman. Sarah later did the same but one of the builders outside our house told her she looked more like a toilet.
  • On the way back from Tesco we got lost and ended up driving through Pentwyn. This was unfortunate, and resulted in our getting stuck in even more traffic, but it was good in that it meant we got to listen to the Klezmer Kollectiv for another fifteen minutes or so. 
  • Before any of this, I met Sarah at Coleg Glan Hafren and she bought us chips on the way home. We ate them with bread and butter. They were very nice. Cliffey had one.
  • While Sarah was in college, I ambled over to Chez Payne in order to pick up my drum certificate (if you read yesterday's instalment then you'll know that I passed grade 8 with merit). As it turns out, I got a better score than my teacher, who did the grade 8 exam on the same day! The student becomes the master. On my way there, I listened to Manowar's seminal Kings of Metal album, which is very good apart from a song called Pleasure Slave which is a bit sexist.
  • This evening we watched quiz programmes and fell in love with a man named Gerry on The Weakest Link. He didn't get to the final but we all felt that he should have.
  • After that Sarah decided to get another pizza from Domino's. We were going to walk but then Cliffey offered us a lift. We parked outside the Co-op and discovered a secret back entrance! We were amazed. While we were waiting in Domino's, the three of us compared the cards in our wallets. I won because I had a shiny Charizard.
  • Strictly speaking, this is not a Thing That Happened Today, but I feel that it is worth mentioning anyway. When Cliffey was going to work yesterday, somebody crashed into his car. He was not best pleased because Xander has just come out of the car hospital and now this happens. He got the other guy's insurance details though so that's good.
  • Pete just called Cliffey a nigger over a game of Robot Wars: Arenas of Destruction.
  • Speaking of Pete, he acquired the internet today. He and Meic ran a cable from the router in Gemma's room to the PC in Pete's room. I am now the only non-connected house member, and that includes Sarah, whose iPod gets the friggin' internet. 
  • Sarah would also like me to point out that she beat me at Tekken six times earlier. Six times in a row. 
  • Gemma is not going to be working for a while as she has bad hands.
I think that's everything so I'll see you tomorrow. I hope you enjoyed Joel Writes Like An Autistic Day. Normal service resumes tomorrow.

Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment