Sunday 26 September 2010

Summer's Gawn

Well I hope you all enjoyed In The Style Of... week. Which was your favourite? Mine was the Bible one because it wasn't an utter bitch to write.

I go back to university tomorrow, so even though it's late September, my Summer officially ends today (it began back on the last day of April, when I handed in my last pieces of work for the year, or possibly three weeks later, when I was fired from Beanfreaks and thus didn't have to do any work whatsoever any more). And what have I spent the last 4 and a half months or so doing?

Well, there was Green Man...and my birthday, that was pretty awesome. The World Cup was fun even if the final was super-boring and I had to buy Tom a meal at The Harvester due to losing our fantasy football fing. Cliffey has just pointed out that he went to Australia but there's a whole other blog dedicated to that and besides it wasn't really a thing that I did so I don't even know why I mentioned it to be honest. I went to many places with my partner in boning crime Sarah Macleod, including Bristol, Narbeth, and Cardiff...yeah. I saw, among others, Los Campesinos! at the Big Weekend, a thing I did which Cliffey - sat next to me as I type - is very bitter about. I gave blood and was given a shiny bit of plastic with my name on it for my trouble. I watched Toy Story 3...I watched other films too but Toy Story 3 was the best, and it felt more like an event than a film. I took my Grade 8 drumkit exam, and, as I recently discovered, passed it! And, of course, I moved into a house with some people I know.

I have done many things, and bought many albums, but as far as I'm concerned, four and a half months of summer was simply not enough.

Oh well. There aren't too many lectures between now and Christmas.

Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment