Thursday 30 September 2010

A Day In The Life

I started today wrapped in a duvet, and was reluctant to relinquish this favourable position. So, while Sarah had to drag herself to a 9am media lesson, I spent my morning on a comfortable sofa, still wearing my bed, and watching Shaun the Sheep on catch up with JR. There was one particularly sweet episode where he meets a lady sheep and everyone's a dick to them and then she gets taken away but then she doesn't leave because the dick sheep from earlier did a nice thing. It was very emotional and to tell the truth I was a bit misty-eyed at the end.

Which may lend some credence to Soph's theory that I've gone all soft and gay recently. Mind you, all I did to provoke this hypothesis was make a pair of foil-wrapped bagels for Sarah and me, and frankly if a man likes the odd bagel now and then and finds a woman of a similar disposition, why shouldn't they eat bagels together? Besides, Soph was supposed to be in work so her thoughts don't count, food poisoning or no food poisoning.

Sarah didn't eat her bagel anyway, 'cause by the time I met her outside Coleg she'd had a baguette, which I'm told is like a bagel but long instead of circular. But yeah, the plan for the afternoon was to head to Cardiff Bay, where Sarah would be taking some black and white photos as part of her photography course. While we waited for the teacher lady to arrive, we headed into the Millennium Centre, and was there an event going on in there. Kids from three different primary schools singing - and quite well, I might add - about how proud they are to be Welsh, to a big band/funk backing track. There was even a rap section, and I don't *think* the guy who manned it was from GLC, but he might as well have been. Anywho, the song was called something like 'Sing Out Loud', so try to find it if you can.

We eventually got to the photo-takin', and Sarah had been working so hard that I decided it was time for her to buy me a milkshake, so we went into Cadawalder's for a quick break. Unfortunately, Sarah had the SHEER GALL to take a photo in the shop without asking permission, and she was roundly chewed out by the rather curt lady on the till.

After this encounter we headed to a different café place in the bay - I forget the name - and I asked the lady there if they did milkshakes.

"We," she replied in a Russian-ish accent, "do frappés."

So I bought a Strawberries & Cream frappé with Sarah's money and we went back to wandering the bay. The rest of the two hours passed more or less without incident and, in the end, Sarah went back to Penarth for a dental appointment while I headed to the Atrium for my hour and a half of full-time education. I won't bore you with the details of my studio operating lecture - the highlight was the bit about using "positive bullshit" to get musicians in a studio to perform better - but I will tell you that the studio we were in is very nice and overlooks Adam Street, two floors below. You can see trains going past, and cars on their way to the bay via that mainish road that comes off near the Atrium.

All of which brought me back here, writing my blog on Cliffey's laptop because I still haven't worked out why mine won't work. Tonight we're going to The George for Tim's official send-off (he's actually not leaving 'til Sunday - I daresay he has some packing to do before then), and on returning from that I'll probably just go to bed.

What a life I lead.

Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment