Wednesday 8 September 2010

We Did Not Play

In the end, we didn't play Pretty Fuckin' Gayopoly*.

Sad times.

Yesterday I went to Penarth and chilled with Sarah in her shop, which I probably ought to promote, so here:

STURFF
For all your needs!
Washington Buildings
Penarth

I ended up there because Tom (Bonelle, not to be confused with Thom Cliffe) was also going to Penarth and needed a navigator. Which is pretty dumb, I mean who can't find their way to Penarth?

...Well, me, apparently, because my navigation skills took us past the turnoff and in very much the wrong direction. Tom was not best pleased but we managed to turn around before we got to St. Fagans, anyway.

When we did eventually roll up in P-Town - and by then we'd listened to just over half a Stereophonics album - I was let out of the car, Tom put on some Craig David, and off he went to conduct his own business. I went over to Sturff and stayed there 'til the early evening, sitting behind the counter and smiling at customers but never actually helping out with anything much.

All of which means I don't really know what was going on in the house yesterday afternoon. Cliffey and I watched The Damned United before I went out - and Damned good it was - but after that I've no clue.

In fact, I'm coming to a point in this blog where I have to decide whether it's a house blog or a  Joel blog. It's intended to keep everyone up-to-date on the goings-on in the house, yes, but I can obviously only offer my viewpoint, which can sometimes be slightly limited.

So, in the interest of diversity, the rest of this entry will be written in the style of Peter Murphy.

Last night we had Tom, Meic and Scott 'round to visit our sweetass crib. Meic and I got a pizza from Domino's that I now owe hime £5.50 for, and later on Joel and I played Tekken. I'm improving quite a bit and managed to beat him in, like, 6 matches out of 8. Then we went on Practice Mode and started doing these awesome ten-hit combos. They're really difficult to do because there's a kind of rhythm to them but it keeps changing. Like you'll have to press four buttons as quickly as possible and then wait for the kick to finish before you press the next one and so on.

While I was outside with a cigarette I heard singing coming from the living room. It was Scott and Joel, and they were doing The Lion Sleeps Tonight. It sounded pretty cool, from outside.

Also I've laid down some slug pellets and salt to keep our slimy adversaries out of the house. That kind of backfired last night though, 'cause one came into the kitchen, went over the line of salt, and exploded everywhere.It was really gross and the salt was yellow with his innards.

After Scott left Cliffey, Joel and I wound up playing with Cliffey's remote control car. For some reason in goes faster in reverse - we timed how long it took to cross the hall and it was a second quicker when it was going backwards.

Today we're going to Coffee #1 for the first time since we moved in, although Joel's not coming because he's meeting Sarah. I think she's got to go to Coleg Glan Hafren today.

I really hate not having the internet in the house,
Pete.

*The result of Joel receiving a Make-Your-Own-Opoly set for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment