Saturday 25 September 2010

Goodbye to Sian

I am writing a blog in the style of Doc Seuss,
Because Joshua Price, may his neck find a noose,
Had a clever idea (and it's not the first time)
To get me to make all my ponderings rhyme.
So I'm dirty and smelly and needing a shower,
And at a PC at some ungodly hour,
And writing in what's called, according to Wiki,
"Anapestic Tetrameter". It's a tad tricky.

So last night I made the long trip to Penarth
With Sarah Macleod, my superior half,
To bid a farewell to her dear friend Sian Lewis.
We got on the bus that would take us from Crwys
To sweet central Cardiff, from whence we could trip
On another bus, bound for that glorious township
Where cliffs and the sea and the rocks and the like,
Were put in a song sung by Tom, Joel and Meic.

We stopped off at Tesco to buy a baguette,
And then headed to Sian's where I got my lips wet
In a glass of white wine, for the sake of occasion,
And my God, the taste! Like a Nazi invasion!
But other than that it was quite the rum do,
We listened to Will playing music from Who,
Sian made us all popcorn, we gobbled it up,
I made some bad jokes and was promptly told "shup".

But thanks to Sian's clock being ten minutes slow,
We missed the last bus back to Cardiff, and so
We got the last train (no-one asked for a fare)
Arrived at 'Diff Central, and taxi'd from there.
Thus endeth our tale, and what now to do?
Sian's going to uni, and others will too,
How many will stay when these students have gone?
My guess is somewhere between many and none.

(Tomorrow - in the style of the Bible!)

Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment